TMHS 226: The Truth About Adrenal Fatigue – With Dr. Alan Christianson
What is does adrenal fatigue really mean? What causes it? And is there actually a cure?
These are just some of the questions we’re answering today with the author of the New York Times bestselling book The Adrenal Reset Diet, Dr. Alan Christianson.
Dr. C knows about adrenal issues at a far deeper level than most. Being the accomplished endocrinologist that he is, that’s one thing. But being someone who’s overcome devastating health issues himself, puts him in a league of his own.
You’re going to uncover piece-by-piece how your incredible endocrine system works to keep you fit, energized, and healthy. It’s these connective pieces that can bring you game-changing results in how you feel in just a matter of days. Adrenal fatigue is a hot illness right now, but it’s time that we kick it off the runway and let radiant health strut its stuff. Click play, take good notes, and enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How struggles with severe childhood illnesses led Dr. Christianson into the field of medicine.
- What your endocrine system actually encompasses.
- Where the CEO of your endocrine system is located.
- What hormones really are.
- Why our thyroids are more susceptible to disease today.
- The potential downside of iodine for your thyroid (this is important!).
- How the pancreas is involved in maintaining metabolic rate.
- How your liver influences your blood sugar (far beyond the foods you eat!).
- Why mathematical models for human health are not always accurate.
- Why we might want to be a little more cautious about ketogenic diets.
- What role your adrenal glands play in ketosis.
- The critical functions cortisol is responsible for.
- Surprising facts about your adrenal glands.
- The truth about adrenal fatigue and why it’s not exactly what the name implies.
- How cortisol influences your sleep patterns.
- The practical steps you can use to reverse perceived adrenal issues.
- The ideal time to eat carbs to support adrenal health.
- Why resistant starch might be a crucial part of your diet.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- Heal Your Thyroid Function With Dr. Izabella Wentz
- 5 Tips For A Healthy Liver
- Carb Cycling For Fat Loss With Michael Morelli
- Heal Your Metabolism With Dr. Joseph Mercola
- Paying Off Sleep Debt And Truth About Naps
- Sculpt Your Best Body With Morris Chestnut & Obi Obadike