TMHS 216: Evening Routines That Enhance Sleep, Accelerate Fat Loss, And Supercharge Your Brain
Morning routine versus an evening routine… which one is more important?
Experts all over the world have been touting the benefits of having a strong morning routine if you want to be successful. The early bird get the worm, right?!
So, whether you’re into eating worms or not (I did see a kid do it when I was in elementary school) I think you’ll discover today that success isn’t about what you do in the morning, it’s really about what you do the night before.
You’re about to discover some mind-blowing science that links a consistent, smart evening routine with improved heart health, better brain function, protection against unwanted weight gain, and an overall better quality of life.
Some of the things you’ll learn today will stick with you for a lifetime. I’m sure of it. And the best news is that taking advantage of these benefits does not require you to makeover your entire life (let me hear all of my night owls let out a collective, “Whooo Whooo!”). It’s simply the small things that you can add in or adjust that can generate some big changes. So, click play, enjoy, and take advantage of the tips that speak to you!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The dangers and benefits of taking a melatonin supplement.
- Why sleep is like a crap-shoot for many people every night.
- What the science says about evening routines and children’s sleep.
- Why practice does not make perfect.
- What happens in our brains when we do something consistently.
- What the 4 stages of learning are.
- How processes become automated in our brains and bodies.
- The part of the brain responsible for habit formation.
- How to create a habit loop.
- The part of creating a “positive habit” that many people leave out.
- What it means to have social jet lag.
- Why it’s critical to understand our biological rhythms.
- How staying up later on the weekends can affect your body weight.
- How melatonin and cortisol compete to shape your body.
- What short-term sleep deprivation can do to your testosterone.
- How daylight savings time influences heart attacks (this is nuts!).
- What an optimal evening routine looks like.
- The problems that tech devices create with our sleep (and how to overcome them).
- How to use specific bodywork to wind down and improve sleep quality.
- Which mineral helps to optimize sleep cycles and naturally boost melatonin.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- EASE Magnesium ⇐ Get an exclusive 15% off here!
- Episode 141: How To Create Healthy Habits For A Lifetime
- Episode 165: 12 Principles To Change Your Brain – With Dr. Daniel Amen
- Episode 206: Get Free To Focus – With Michael Hyatt
- Episode 210: 4 Reasons You’re Tired All The Time
- Episode 187: How Your Sleep Life Impacts Your Sex Life
- Sleep Smarter <== Get the bestselling book right here!
- Swannies Blue Light Blocking Glasses
- Check out Shawn on Instagram!
- Episode 204: The Model Health Show Live from D.C.
- Episode 86: How To Create A Sleep Sanctuary