TMHS 203: 5 Tips To Get The Most Out Of Your Fitness Program – With Drew Canole
What does a good sandwich, an Oreo cookie, and a Hot Pocket all have in common? Well, even though I might not be sycked to eat any of those things, it’s the stuff in the middle that makes them what they are.
Without the fixings in the middle of the sandwich, you’d just be eating bread (true story, I’ve eaten many bread sandwiches in my lifetime), without the cream in the middle of the Oreo, you’d just have two dry black discs, and without the cheesy meaty center of the Hot Pocket, you’d just have a pocket.
So, what’s the point of this pro-diabetes food analogy? It’s to remind you that what happens in the middle counts. I’d argue to say that what happens in the middle is where all the action is. And that’s why today’s show is so important…
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t actually “get fit” when you’re working out. It’s the stuff that you do in between your workouts (aka in the middle) that makes all the difference in the world.
You see, exercise is known as a hormetic stressor. It’s something that puts a stressful load onto your body that can actually make your body stronger, if you allow/support your body to heal from it.
We can radically up-level our body’s healing process and come back better, faster by adding in a few recovery essentials. Today we have on health & fitness celebrity Drew Canole to share some of his best tips to help you recover faster and get the most out of your fitness program.
Many of these tools are simple, easy to implement, and proven to work. But they don’t work unless you work them! Plus, you’ll get the inside scoop on what Drew’s personal training programs look like that keep him in cover model shape year round. So, let’s get to it!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The #1 way that we influence the people around us.
- Why you may want to change how you label your cheat meals.
- How your breathing habits influence your body’s ability to burn fat.
- What interesting compound in broccoli can help you body detoxify more effectively.
- Why it’s more difficult to gain weight when you eat real food.
- Simple tips to help you speed up your recovery time.
- How to radically increase muscle hypertrophy (King TUT is the key!).
- What training program Drew used to put on size and strength in a short amount of time.
- Why accountability is so valuable in accomplishing your fitness goals.
- How to do pyramid drop-sets for faster results.
- Why you need to immediately become a sleep ninja.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- Follow Shawn on Instagram!
- Cheat Meals, Haters, And Supplement Junkies
- 12 Principles To Change Your Brain & Change Your Life with Dr. Daniel Amen
- Healthy Brain, Happy Life with Dr. Wendy Suzuki
- Natural Treatments For Depression
- The Power Of Juicing with Drew Canole
- 7 Small Changes To Help You Burn More Fat
- Elite HRV App
- Beddit App
- Sleep Smarter Book / Audiobook ⇐ Grab your physical copy or audiobook here!
- How Your Sleep Life Impacts Your Sex Life
- Connect with Drew Instagram / Facebook / Website