TMHS 198: Take Back Control Of Your Time And Achieve Your Goals Each Day - With John Lee Dumas
One of the biggest reasons that people give for failing to exercise, to prepare great food for themselves, and to get adequate sleep is that they don’t have enough time.
It’s kind of funny because we all share the same 24-hour clock… and there are people with 3 kids, running their own business with multiple employees, writing books, touring the country speaking, recording their own podcast and frequently doing media interviews… that still have enough time to exercise, eat healthy, get great sleep and have a wonderful family life. I know it because I am that person. This is actually my life. If I was told it would be like this 10 years ago I probably would have thought you were crazy. But, step-by-step I’ve achieved greater levels of productivity, I’ve radically increased my energy and focus, and, more important than anything, I’ve become world-class at setting and accomplishing goals.
Trust me, I didn’t get here on my own. I’ve had incredible teachers along the way who’ve taught me the tools of the trade. One of the smartest things you can ever do in your life is to learn from people who’ve already accomplished what you want to accomplish. They know the way. They have the map. And you’d be surprised just how often they’d give it to you (or at least let you take a picture of it with your phone).
Today we have for you a true genius when it comes to mastering focusing, productivity, and getting things done. Use these tools to make sure that you are constructing the life that YOU love. You’ll be able to create ample time to workout, eat healthy, get great sleep, and do work that fulfills you. Plus, you’ll be able to better enjoy the process and not end up as a fried Twinkie stuck to the couch at the end of the day. This life is your chance to do something great with it and to become all that you can be. The award-winning John Lee Dumas is going to show you how to take life by the horns. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How I was able to accomplish 1 – 2 years of work in just 100 days.
- How John turned an idea of helping people achieve their biggest goal into one of the most successful campaigns in history.
- How accomplishing goals in all areas of life affects your well-being.
- Why you need to become a master of productivity.
- What valuable strategies you can use to take back control of your time.
- The #1 mistake people make when starting their day.
- How we build up “residue” that blocks us from accomplishing our goals.
- Why having discipline is radically misunderstood.
- The difference between a focus time and a refresh time.
- How the internet can easily manipulate your body’s dopamine system.
- How to take full control of your focus and execute on your goals daily!
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- O.P.P. by Naughty By Nature
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Stay Focused App
- The Mastery Journal ⇐ Check it out right here!